NC Angler Forums banner

Delayed harvest after hours

Freshwater 
2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bonz 
#1 ·
Hello all,

I have a work site near the Milles river with week ( actually doing restoration work on some streams near blue lioness) and brought the sticks in hopes of getting some time on the water.

After today’s work I don’t think I will have time accept for some 6:30pm and after fishing. Is it legal to fish public DH, Hatchery, or wild waters after dark? Specifically north mills or south mills. I am familiar with the river but don’t want my vehicle to get locked in the national forest area.

I have caught some of my largest trout at night but in still waters. I would also be open to night fishing tips. They will have stocked the north mills tomorrow, can I expect them to feed at night or in the days after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Unfortunately I was not able to get out at night on my business trip this week so no reports to be had, good luck to others. In the past I’ve fished late spring and early fall and had success with foam black beetle and spider imitations. With a up stream cast/drift with small twitches and a a slow consistent retrieve one down stream.

Again I was working head waters of a lake and small stream so it was slow moving flat water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.