Freshwater Delayed harvest after hours

Thread: Delayed harvest after hours

Default Delayed harvest after hours

Hello all,

I have a work site near the Milles river with week ( actually doing restoration work on some streams near blue lioness) and brought the sticks in hopes of getting some time on the water.

After todayís work I donít think I will have time accept for some 6:30pm and after fishing. Is it legal to fish public DH, Hatchery, or wild waters after dark? Specifically north mills or south mills. I am familiar with the river but donít want my vehicle to get locked in the national forest area.

I have caught some of my largest trout at night but in still waters. I would also be open to night fishing tips. They will have stocked the north mills tomorrow, can I expect them to feed at night or in the days after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

1/2 hour after sunset on most streams. Part of the Green and Nantahala are open to night fishing, but not the DH sections. Power supply reservoirs are open to night fishing for trout, too.
    salpal likes this.

Red X angler

Quote Originally Posted by slickrocktom View Post
    1/2 hour after sunset on most streams. Part of the Green and Nantahala are open to night fishing, but not the DH sections. Power supply reservoirs are open to night fishing for trout, too.
    This was removed from the regs several years ago. Night fishing is currently allowed on all Public Mountain Trout Waters.
    bonz, finstalker, and salpal like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Dylar View Post
    This was removed from the regs several years ago. Night fishing is currently allowed on all Public Mountain Trout Waters.
    Awesome.
    salpal likes this.

Red X angler

Excellent, I scanned refs pretty hard but always nice to have a little confirmation.

Unfortunately I was not able to get out at night on my business trip this week so no reports to be had, good luck to others. In the past Iíve fished late spring and early fall and had success with foam black beetle and spider imitations. With a up stream cast/drift with small twitches and a a slow consistent retrieve one down stream.

Again I was working head waters of a lake and small stream so it was slow moving flat water.

I can’t tie a knot in bright day light. I’d hate to try in the dark....but it’s come across my mind.
    Riverhills likes this.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements