High Rock Lake, suggest boat ramp near Denton..

Thread: High Rock Lake, suggest boat ramp near Denton..

Default High Rock Lake, suggest boat ramp near Denton..

We are camping near Denton in two weeks and not familiar with the area and I've never been on the lake. Curious if anyone might suggest a boat ramp close to Denton that might have good fishing nearby or cove for small boats or kayaks. Taking my small kids fishing and want to avoid the bigger parts of the lake. Just getting out for an hour or two and fishing the banks of a cove is what we were hoping for. Thanks for any suggestions.

Dan
    Rockingham
    2016 Kencraft Bay Rider 2260 w/Yamaha 150
    NuCanoe Frontier 12 ><(((((*>

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

There is a ramp at Flat Swamp just west of Denton. I have seen people bank fishing up there. You going to be launching a boat or fishing from shore? I don't really know know High Rock very well but maybe others who do will chime in for ya!
    jerry condrey likes this.

- Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

Flat Swamp would probably be the closest ramp to Denton. I drive through Denton when I go to High Rock but forget the name of the road I turn on to take me from 109 to Hwy 8. I want to say it is the first or second light north of Bojangles it comes out right at the Flat Swamp ramp. I have had good success in that area this time of year for both bass and crappie.
    jerry condrey likes this.

Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Flat Swamp,(AKA Pebble Beach) like the guys said is good for what you want.

Or go down to Badin Lake 400 Cove Rd. New London. If you are camping I'm guessing you'll be in Uwharrie so this will be close to you.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the thoughts. We usually camp at Arrowhead, badin CG, or West Morris. Will be up near Denton this upcoming trip, so thought we might visit new water on High Rock Lake. Always fun to see new water.

Hoping to get my 6 year olds new spinning rod bent. Put him in his new kayak recently, his first. He thinks he's a big boy now, for sure. But we got skunked three consecutive weekends camping up at Kerr Scott reservoir. That was humbling, lol.

Dan
    2016 Kencraft Bay Rider 2260 w/Yamaha 150
    NuCanoe Frontier 12 ><(((((*>

It's tough when your little one is excited about fishing but doesn't luck into any bites at first. Don't want it to be too easy, but you don't want them to lose interest either. My 7 year old recently got his first kayak and is now learning to throw a cast net. I feel for ya, and I hope you get into some fish. Good luck!
    - Sam

Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    It's tough when your little one is excited about fishing but doesn't luck into any bites at first. Don't want it to be too easy, but you don't want them to lose interest either. My 7 year old recently got his first kayak and is now learning to throw a cast net. I feel for ya, and I hope you get into some fish. Good luck!
    He's seven already? My God where has the time gone!!

Default High Rock Lake, suggest boat ramp near Denton..

Quote Originally Posted by jerry condrey View Post
    He's seven already? My God where has the time gone!!

Yeah, it's funny, sometimes I can't believe it either, and then other times it seems like time crawls. I guess I'm just eager for him to get to where he has the stamina for longer trips, but it does seem like it wasn't long ago he was still in his car seat on the boat.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_0644.jpg‎
Views:	49
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	196001
    meenyt likes this.

- Sam

Wow. He's already on the snappers!

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements