Rhodhiss 10/6

Thread: Rhodhiss 10/6

Default Rhodhiss 10/6

First thing I noticed was that the water temps had dropped to below 80. Cooler weather finally showing some positive results. Tried to cast net some shad, but got tired of throwing net and gave up.

I trolled Umbrella rigs on 2 planer boards 2 other rods ran shad crankbaits and plastics, even tried some spoons. I was fishing along shore opposite side from castle bridge ramp. Noticed I was not marking as much as I had the previous trip. I noticed some guys bass fishing in my trolling path, plus a tree in water. I moved out from bank to channel edge and my FF lit up. There was a lot of schools of baitfish with large fish mixed in. I followed the channel edge all the way down to near the dam. Marked a lot of fish, but no takes.

Ran back up to Castle Bridge. Noticed 2 other boats working the channel edge, one trolling, other was drift fishing. I followed the 2 boats trolling, seen they did not catch anything either. I did notice what I think were shad getting busted and jumping out of water. Tried casting a pop-r shad and a powerbait shad, nothing !

I spoke with several fisherman and only heard of one bass being caught, no Stripers. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but apparently I am not the only one. Going to try Hickory next week with a buddy who has alot of experience on that lake, maybe I will get lucky and get a Striper.
    FISHER87 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LIVIT View Post
    First thing I noticed was that the water temps had dropped to below 80. Cooler weather finally showing some positive results. Tried to cast net some shad, but got tired of throwing net and gave up.

I trolled Umbrella rigs on 2 planer boards 2 other rods ran shad crankbaits and plastics, even tried some spoons. I was fishing along shore opposite side from castle bridge ramp. Noticed I was not marking as much as I had the previous trip. I noticed some guys bass fishing in my trolling path, plus a tree in water. I moved out from bank to channel edge and my FF lit up. There was a lot of schools of baitfish with large fish mixed in. I followed the channel edge all the way down to near the dam. Marked a lot of fish, but no takes.

Ran back up to Castle Bridge. Noticed 2 other boats working the channel edge, one trolling, other was drift fishing. I followed the 2 boats trolling, seen they did not catch anything either. I did notice what I think were shad getting busted and jumping out of water. Tried casting a pop-r shad and a powerbait shad, nothing !

I spoke with several fisherman and only heard of one bass being caught, no Stripers. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but apparently I am not the only one. Going to try Hickory next week with a buddy who has alot of experience on that lake, maybe I will get lucky and get a Striper.
    Wait till November. Bait will be larger and easier to catch. Also the cooler water in the 60s should help striper. They like cooler water to become more active. I'll be out then. Hit me up and we'll go give it a shot. Nick

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    LIVIT likes this.

Sounds like a plan. I am always ready to meet up and go fishing. Water temps are dropping fast. Was at Lake James yesterday, much cooler.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by LIVIT View Post
    Sounds like a plan. I am always ready to meet up and go fishing. Water temps are dropping fast. Was at Lake James yesterday, much cooler.
    How was the fishing at lake James? I am thinking of going up there soon

Quote Originally Posted by kb_rn View Post
    How was the fishing at lake James? I am thinking of going up there soon
    Did a report here https://www.ncangler.com/forums/thre...ke-James-10-10 give me a yell if ya got any questions.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements