Ned rig gets a big girl

Thread: Ned rig gets a big girl

Default Ned rig gets a big girl

So recently started using a Ned rig found a new one that has a more substantial hook since the previous ones seem to break way to easy. I. The past did t have a lot of luck with them and found the z-man melted it my car. So,I started storing them in house and carry a small box with a few of five different colors. This summer decided to go back and try the Ned rig again and i have had has great success with them at some very small ponds I fish. In bigger lakes not as much success but have managed a few but up to yesterday never managed anything over 2#. Yesterday was at a local lake and first fish I caught again was about 1#. On my last cast of the day felt a tap, thought it was a bream at first since other Ned rigs hits are just bam, anyways waited a second noticed the line started to tighten up moving out so set the hook. At first based on resistance I was like darn another turtle but than the fish came out of water and I knew I had a nice one. What a great fight and finally got it landed 4# and 15oz bass. What I am liking about the Ned rig versus t rig is that the hook is usually secured into hard spot of the mouth versus sometimes swallowed or on lip part that is less dense. Sorry no photo but now glad to see Ned rig works for big girls as well!

2019 LMB Total :406 largest 6.5#; Total over 4:56; lifetime largest 9.25
    2019 Crappie Total:50 biggest:2#

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice. Where is a good place to get some Ned rig stuff? Does the Bass Pro Shop by the airport carry them regularly? It's a bit of a drive for me and whenever I go, I can't seem to find exactly what I need.........but end up buying anyway. Hahaha
    when's a noob no longer a noob...

Quote Originally Posted by badankles View Post
    Nice. Where is a good place to get some Ned rig stuff? Does the Bass Pro Shop by the airport carry them regularly? It's a bit of a drive for me and whenever I go, I can't seem to find exactly what I need.........but end up buying anyway. Hahaha
    The classic ned rig is a zman 'shroom head and a TRD worm. they are available at bass pro or academy sporting goods.

Do NOT mix the zman plastics with any other plastics in your tackle box, they will destroy each other.

I have caught hundreds of small mouth bass on NC rivers with these. In moving current, I prefer a weedless jig head, and I found that bass pro's sinko's work better with the weedless jig head than the zman products, and are much cheaper as well.

In my rivers, I prefer a watermelon green, a coppertruese, or a dark red. My son prefers the "new money" color.
    badankles likes this.

After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by biglenr View Post
    The classic ned rig is a zman 'shroom head and a TRD worm. they are available at bass pro or academy sporting goods.

Do NOT mix the zman plastics with any other plastics in your tackle box, they will destroy each other.

I have caught hundreds of small mouth bass on NC rivers with these. In moving current, I prefer a weedless jig head, and I found that bass pro's sinko's work better with the weedless jig head than the zman products, and are much cheaper as well.

In my rivers, I prefer a watermelon green, a coppertruese, or a dark red. My son prefers the "new money" color.
    Thanks for the info. This helps a lot.
    biglenr likes this.

when's a noob no longer a noob...

Quote Originally Posted by badankles View Post
    Thanks for the info. This helps a lot.
    Dicks also carries them
    badankles likes this.

2019 LMB Total :406 largest 6.5#; Total over 4:56; lifetime largest 9.25
    2019 Crappie Total:50 biggest:2#

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements