Advice PLEASE

Thread: Advice PLEASE

Default Advice PLEASE

Not looking for your favorite spot just wondering whats the best tide to fish for trout in the surf/inlet?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have always heard a falling tide. Will have bait coming out of the marshes

I prefer & have done better lately on rising to high, then falling for Trout.
    There are other conditions that need to be considered; like wind speed & direction, time of day, moon phrase.
    Weather / rain fall the previous days. Almost forgot time of year & presents of bait. Floating or sinking lure?
    Unlock those secrets & you will have a banter trip........ ICM

Forgot to mention you also must know how to read the surf. All beaches are not the same or are productive.
    I walk miles casting when surffishing, mobility is a key to unlocking it's secrets......ICM 2.0
    badankles, and rascals dad like this.

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Good advice ice man. It's a puzzle for sure. Sometime I feel I am missing a few pieces lol I plan on hitting it all winter to see what I can learn and taking advice from smarter people then me .

Like ICM said, it can be different, but a good rule is that the beginning and end of tidal phases are typically the best. So like he said, the end of the high and the beginning of the fall is what works for him right now.

I grew up surf fishing the beaches on the East coast of FL. Back then it was a lot easier to find what you were looking for, most places we fished back then, you could drive on beach. I was lucky to be coached by some awesome surf fisherman. I learned to look for that foam or current that is flowing away from beach. Fishing Sebastian and other inlets and the infamous Mosquito lagoon. I always liked to find a feeder or cut on a falling tide. All that bait coming out just fires em up.
    ice cream man likes this.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements