June tactics versus Novemeber tactics

Thread: June tactics versus Novemeber tactics

Default June tactics versus Novemeber tactics

Looks like I will be headed up for a long weekend around Nov 8th. While I have visited in both October and January, and did do decent, my normal time frame is early summer. What I am wondering is how much I should change baits and tactics in the creeks, rivers and reservoirs for November? I fish for trout, and walleye mostly. I catch a lot of white bass, spots and smallmouth while I'm at it. Creek and river tactics in the summer, for when I am wanting meat on the table, usually consists of crawlers or crickets under a clear float drifted either down steam or cast upstream and drifted back. On Fontana I do a lot of vertical jigging with crawlers on jig heads and Cheoah/Calderwood get trolled with hootchies/dodgers and lipped plugs as well as some casting of lipped plugs and some cricket/crawler action. If I am just fishing the creeks for fun, I cast Roostertails and small rapalas. It all seemed to work in the past when I was there in cold weather, just wondering if I should hone my tactics a bit for better results. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Your river and creek approach really does not change that much IMO. Fonatana and all the Mt. lakes should be on fire. I noticed at James yesterday (temp 69.9) big bait schools being tore up all day. As the temps cool, only change I make is that I slow down my trolling or retrieve speeds. I need to hit Fontana or one those lakes in that area soon.
    bfishy likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements