Creek Fishing fun - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creek Fishing fun

It really is a blast. I am so thankful. Just mad at myself that it took me almost 2 years to realize it was there!

I was thinking about taking the kayak down there! I just may have to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by peanut View Post
    My friend, you have yourself a little slice of Heaven. Looks like mega fun with an ultralight. Get yourself a 'Yak and explore further, assuming it is "navigable" and will not impose upon other properties.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think it’s getting a bit cold. I went with my son yesterday and today by myself and he caught 2 jacks yesterday I caught a jack and a small bass today, but it has really slowed down.
    JM76 likes this.

Yep. Think the cold weather has affected the bite big time. Saturday I caught 3 sunfish, one was huge so that was nice. But Sunday nothing was biting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey77 View Post
    I think it’s getting a bit cold. I went with my son yesterday and today by myself and he caught 2 jacks yesterday I caught a jack and a small bass today, but it has really slowed down.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yes I took my son out today he caught 2 small bass I caught an average crappie but this was 4 hours of fishing and our casting game was on point so we’re a little sad. Already counting down until March.
    JM76 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Trey77 View Post
    Yes I took my son out today he caught 2 small bass I caught an average crappie but this was 4 hours of fishing and our casting game was on point so we’re a little sad. Already counting down until March.
    This extreme cold front, has really shutdown the freshwater bite a good bit. But do not give up yet. This front is moving out in a day or so. Wait like 2 days after that and you will be amazed at how hot the bite is going to be.
    JM76 likes this.

Default Creek Fishing fun

lucky dude my dreams to have a creek behind my house thats all i like to fish now is rivers are creeks for catfish sunfish and crappie i bet you got some nice catfish in there im actually curious if it has any flatheads u should try to set out a pole over night with some cut bait

I went down to the creek on Monday after work to see if anything was biting. Not a single bite, no sign of fish. Probably still too cold. Hoping that when we finally get a few days in a row of warm weather, the fish will return. Haven't caught anything down there since November!

Walked down to the creek behind my house after work yesterday, threw the Panther Martin spinner and WHABAM! Creek fish are back!! They were choking it. Caught 5 in like 25 minutes. Couple of fatties too.
    So now I know, when the bugs come out, the fish will be too!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    jerry condrey, and peanut like this.

Caught my 5th species down the creek yesterday...nice little catfish. Put up a great fight on my ultralight rod. Was throwing a Johnson Min-o-Spin. Really fun. Now I'm looking for bowfin and gar. What's the best way to catch a gar? Will a circle hook and some chicken livers do the trick???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	91805603_10223071353875418_3483071859757416448_o.jpg‎
Views:	55
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	197103

I’ve caught gar in creeks crappie fishing with minnows and a float. You have to do a slow retrieve, or else they’ll spit out the hook.

Quote Originally Posted by JM76 View Post
    Caught my 5th species down the creek yesterday...nice little catfish. Put up a great fight on my ultralight rod. Was throwing a Johnson Min-o-Spin. Really fun. Now I'm looking for bowfin and gar. What's the best way to catch a gar? Will a circle hook and some chicken livers do the trick???
    JM76 likes this.

Live minnows for the gar. Wait a few minutes to set the hook
    JM76 likes this.

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12