NC Angler Forums banner

Creek Fishing fun

4K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  Trey77 
#1 ·
Came home the other day from my Western NC camping trip and decided to check out the creek behind my house. Had to hike down a ways, but I made it down there and started throwing a spinner. Within 20 seconds it got slammed by a decent sized sunfish. Great colors. I hiked down a bit and fished another little section, caught a few nice bluegill and a decent crappie. So much fun. Who knew creek fishing could be such a blast! You know I'm heading back down there after work today...;)

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I have a nice trout stream about 60 yards or so behind house. Does not get hit much, due to limited access. Lots of trout that have gotten stocked, get a chance to get stream wild. Plus there is some Smallmouth etc...few 4' or so pools just behind the house. Nice to just go there with just shorts and sneaks on, fish and cool off during summer. Have caught some really decent fish. Good place for me to practice some tight area fly fishing. I feel lucky to have it that close.

#8 ·
When I was fishing the other day, I inadvertently retrieved a lure on top of the water and got a nice blowup. Has anyone had any luck fishing topwater for panfish? I was thinking of trying a small popper or a mini buzzbait (if I can find one small enough). I know there are some bass down there, I know they'd hit the topwater lures. But it would be pretty slick to catch some panfish or a Crappie on topwater.

#14 ·
How does cold weather affect creek fishing? I've noticed that in the past week the bite has slowed down drastically. Though the water level went up quite a bit after the big rain we had, but as of yesterday it's back down. But the bites have gotten much more infrequent.

#21 ·
lucky dude my dreams to have a creek behind my house thats all i like to fish now is rivers are creeks for catfish sunfish and crappie i bet you got some nice catfish in there im actually curious if it has any flatheads u should try to set out a pole over night with some cut bait

#22 ·
I went down to the creek on Monday after work to see if anything was biting. Not a single bite, no sign of fish. Probably still too cold. Hoping that when we finally get a few days in a row of warm weather, the fish will return. Haven't caught anything down there since November!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.