New to NC

Thread: New to NC

Default New to NC

I just moved to NC and I want to fish Jordan Lake. Brand new to lake fishing so I have no idea what to do. I've always saltwater fished. I have a 20ft CC and I'm planning on going out on the lake tomorrow in the morning. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Welcome! I'm assuming you are wanting to bass fish. This time of year the fish are in transition from summer to fall patterns. With any luck they have moved back in the creeks following the shad. Pretty much find the shad schools and find the fish. I don't know that lake but you can use the search tool and probably find some tips. Good luck and if you have a good trip make a post about it.
    Tight lines,
    Andrew

Be sure to get a map and note hazardous areas. Jordan has some big patches of standing timber and some shallow road beds you can hit, especially with the water being down a little. Right now fish should be keying in on shad, throw crankbaits and spinnerbaits in 0-10ft. Cover water and keep chunking. Pay attention to details of areas you do get bit and try to find similar areas.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements