NC Angler Forums banner

Red Xr Fishing Gear Going Away

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Whitefish115 
#1 ·
I’m clearing out my fishing gear here shortly. My Hobies and trailer have been sold and will be sorting lures and camping gear to put up for sale soon. I would like to see most of the stuff find a new Red X home, so you will have first dibs. You fellas know I’m a bit of a fanatic when it comes to taking care of stuff. I will contact the regulars who attend almost all the meets, I refer to them as the core of the group to see f they are interested in anything first.

Been a blast attending meets with you over the years but time to step back and enjoy your meet post.

#2 ·
Hope it's nothing serious. I only met you the one time down on Oak Island, but I knew you were good folks right away. It's easy to tell. For me it is anyway. Just a gut feeling that more than often proves true. I gave my kayak up last year and just bought a Skiff this year. Age and losing my fishing partner temporarily made the decision to part with the kayak quite easy actually. Anyway, wish you the best in whatever future endeavors you undertake. Be sure to keep some stuff for the piers down here. About as easy to get to where the fish are as it gets.

Teach a man to fish and he'll give away all your good spots.

#7 ·
If you have any stuff left over, I remember hearing of a guy on Carolina Beach (or close by) who loved getting old rods and reels, fixing them up, and letting underprivileged kids have them to be able to go fishing. My fly fishing club (Cape Fear Flyfisher) collected a whole van full. We have also given some to Wounded Warriors through the fishing center in Fayetteville. So tuck that in the back of your brain so that you know you can help the next generation of anglers have a leg up on our wonderful addiction. I’ll be glad to find details if this races your motor. Whitefish115

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.