NC Angler Forums banner

CB Trout Limits. Quick & Easy.

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  blueoceaneyez 
#1 ·
Continuing with our exceptional Trout year, we've been getting quick & easy limits of 17-27" Trout this Fall along the Cape Fear-area! Yes, there are always slow days mixed in, but for the most part we've gotten limits under an hour, sometimes under 30 minutes. Yesterday the afternoon rain scared off my crew so John and I went and showed them what they missed -- 2 person limit in 30 minutes, all 17"+, then continued to catch & release for another 1.5 hours.

Shrimp under a cork fished near oysters, rocks, current edges, and drop offs are getting it done more than anything else (for us anyway). Fish the tide. Fish out of the wind (if any). Water temp is down to 67 inshore.

Pics from yesterday (blurred lines = unfortunately not everyone around CB respects the fish or fishing grounds)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Awesome! Did you have ANY luck on anything other than live shrimp? I'm not real efficient on cast netting shrimp. O guess I just don't know how to locate them. We had great results last fall behind Oak Island with Vudu shrimp under a cork and soft plastics with red jighead.

Teach a man to fish and he'll give away all your good spots.

#3 ·
^ A popping cork with a chartreuse green DOA shrimp. I smother the shrimp in procure also. Pop it, let it sink, let it sit for a second, then repeat. The green was the only color that caught them. We've thrown white gulp, white zman paddlerz, gold spoons, and a couple mirrolures in the mix -- but the live and fresh shrimp are catching a lot more where Im at. The places I'm fishing have shrimp and peanut pogies moving around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.