Lake Hickory Stripers 11/05/19, Help ! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lake Hickory Stripers 11/05/19, Help !

Red X Angler
    Captains Club

Quote Originally Posted by FISHER87 View Post
    For sure lots of leaves and all right now. Fished yesterday evening around love lady and Bethlehem cove. Had several hits bit no takers. Seems like nothing big enough to eat the trout I got. They are around 8inch. Will have to put some trailers on them I guess. Hope to go out another day this week.

Also I dont care if you can see where I was. In my opinion I feel like that's what this form is for is to help ppl. I really hate that most are tight lipped and feel like the fish in the lake are theirs. Not at all how it is.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The main reason I would not say anything about someone elses picture is that I would leave it up to them. Another reason is that right now there are 40 members signed in and 213 others that are not and are only interested in what they can use themselves.
    Darrell
    LIVIT likes this.

Red X Angler

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dbeam View Post
    The main reason I would not say anything about someone elses picture is that I would leave it up to them. Another reason is that right now there are 40 members signed in and 213 others that are not and are only interested in what they can use themselves.
    Darrell
    Been sayin' this for years.....internet scouting....hurts all of us......but it's fallen on deaf ears.....now the entire site has died......maybe the powers that be will clue in.....or delete my post.
    dbeam likes this.

I follow my own Blog
    Man can build a lake, but only God can make a river

Fished the lower end of the lake today water was clear from Rink Dam to Oxford Dam caught 4 largemouth and 1 striper. 8am to 3 pm water temp 53, pulled A/rigs in all depths Striper came from 45 ft. Water down near the Dam.
    dbeam, FISHER87, and LIVIT like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dbeam View Post
    Darrell
    Exactly, I have no problem helping out an active member, who is contributing to the forum, even if its just asking for help ! I agree with my buds here about that being what this forum is suppose to be about and that no one owns a spot or the fish in any open body of water

Quote Originally Posted by Reelsmoke View Post
    Fished the lower end of the lake today water was clear from Rink Dam to Oxford Dam caught 4 largemouth and 1 striper. 8am to 3 pm water temp 53, pulled A/rigs in all depths Striper came from 45 ft. Water down near the Dam.
    Good to hear someone else has at least had some luck on trolling an A-rig. Next decent temp day that I am not working, think I will try Hickory again. How big was the Striper bud ?

It was short, 21” or so, been really disappointed in Hickory this season. In past years I have always had decent luck with limits of 6-8 lb fish every 2 or 3 trips now it seems like they are every 6-8 trips.
    Last season and this year so far, we just can’t seem to find the bigger class fish. I’m not a Johnny Come Lately fisherman we have put in the time since 2012. My son has even done some guiding with success on Hickory both Summer and Winter season. During the winter we fish out of a Blue 175 walkthrough Tracker Pro Guide with a Blue Enclosure if you see us on the Water stop by and shout out.
    Or tune us in on VHF ch 69 Reelsmoke

Last year around this time I was catching stripers up in the creek arms easily from my kayak. Don't know what the heck is going on with those stripers on hickory this year. Next trip down i'm going to bring live trout and see if that makes a difference.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12