SeaTow Experience

Thread: SeaTow Experience

Default SeaTow Experience

I have seen several post on selecting SeaTow or Tow Boat US. I just wanted to give everyone my experience I had the other day. I am a Sea Tow member and have been for years but have thankfully never had to use them. The other day I was fishing Bay River. I put over at the Vandemere ramp. Well.....I broke down. I contacted our local chapter (Crystal Coast Sea Tow). The capt came and towed my back in but I was told I was out of their coverage area. Next time if I broke down in that area, they would have to contact a 3rd Party tow company. That tow without a membership was $922.60. Most people don't have that cash just laying around. I'm not bad mouthing Sea Tow but anyone who fishes around New Bern, Oriental, or Bay River may want to consider another towing company with more locations. Like I stated the Capt that came from SeaTow was great, I just don't want someone being stuck with a $1,000 bill. I asked a sales rep on the SeaTow website "what if I don't have the funds to pay another tow service?" I asked several times and could never get a good answer. My guess is you would be up the creek without a paddle. Anyways I hope this helps some with their decisions. Tight lines everyone.
    FISHER87, and Saltwater Republic like this.

Reel-Oars

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have Towboat. So far they seem to have a good rep in EI area. I have never had to use them yet and hope not to. But good to know they are there when needed. The closest sea tow to us is Morehead I think.

Thanks for the info and heads up.
    Reel-Oars likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltwater Republic View Post
    I have Towboat. So far they seem to have a good rep in EI area. I have never had to use them yet and hope not to. But good to know they are there when needed. The closest sea tow to us is Morehead I think.

Thanks for the info and heads up.
    MHC is the close!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reel-Oars

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I did a lot of research on this before I signed up years ago. Found a lot of threads with horror stories about Sea-Tow. Had Sea-Tow to a club meeting as a speaker (after signing up with Towboat). Some of the things he said made me happy about my choice. I've used Towboat once when my Optimax, with 88 hours on it, blew a cylinder.
    Reel-Oars, and Saltwater Republic like this.

I was told by Sea tow that they do not have service in coastal water for the Neuse, Pamlico rivers or the Pamlico sound. My coverage is with towboat, usboat.

Quote Originally Posted by Feetup1 View Post
    I was told by Sea tow that they do not have service in coastal water for the Neuse, Pamlico rivers or the Pamlico sound. My coverage is with towboat, usboat.
    When I purchased it this past year at the boat show the guy told me he would come get me anywhere in the Neuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reel-Oars

I've been with Boat US since 2005. Local franchise owner Lee Sykes is a class act. I've been fortunate in that I haven't required their services. A couple friends of mine have. Both were completely satisfied.
    Reel-Oars, and Shakespeare like this.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements