NC Angler Forums banner

Fishing in the rain

Offshore 
2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  heelwithnoname 
#1 ·
Decided to make a day trip from Raleigh despite the forecast and glad I did. On the water by 9:30 and off by 12:30 with a decent limit. The biggest was 21.5 and took a vudu shrimp soaking under a popping cork... I wasn't even working it. 2 caught on MR17 808 and last one on gulp. All on a rising tide. Got pretty wet but worth it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

See less See more
#5 ·
Question please. How is winter pattern for surf fishing, or should I just wait for spring? Also, how's surf fishing in general in the rain? Obviously, I'm sure it depends on how windy and heavy the rain is, but if it's just a drizzle with relatively sane wind condition, would it turn off the bites along the surf?

Sorry if this is off topic.

#4 ·
^ yep, I was almost "dead sticking", casting up- or cross-current and letting mirrolure drift, picked up strikes at the end of drift or just when starting to reel back in slowly. Did not twitch as much as usual.

Reactions: ice cream man
#9 ·
^^^ to skinny, this was on the White Oak River, and the exact place is a secret shared by the 15 other boats that were there with me at the time and the netter that now has it wrapped up from what I hear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.