Some ideas other than Specks for tomorrow

Thread: Some ideas other than Specks for tomorrow

Default Some ideas other than Specks for tomorrow

I have a relative in town and was hoping to take him our bottom fishing, but it looks like the ocean may be a little bumpy tomorrow so I’m thinking about a backup plan. Has anyone fished the turning basin in Morehead lately? Other ideas are welcome. I haven’t had a chance to get on the water since October, so I’m out of touch a little. Any false albacore still around?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

False albies are still around, but are more scattered. I'd call Freeman's or Chasin' Tails to see what's biting in the turning basin area. The way the wind's been blowing there probably aren't any recent reports on action outside the inlets.

Thanks. We did try to find some Albies yesterday afternoon out of Bogue inlet. Lots of gannets diving on large schools of something, but no Albies. At least we were able to get out and give it a try.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ended up riding to Morehead for a late lunch at Ruddy Duck, then drifted the turning basin for a bit with no bites. Stopped at the AB beach and got my brother in law on nice black drum before a sunset cruise back home on the ICW.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements