Finally made it to the coast

Thread: Finally made it to the coast

Default Finally made it to the coast

I had Friday off and headed to the Pamlico. I put in at the Campbell Creek ramp and went for a nice long recreational paddle.... I was fishing just not catching lol. On my way back to the ramp I caught 2 small striped bass and was thinking at least I didn't get skunked. I was pulling my kayak out and talking with a fellow angler who was pulling his boat out and he passed along some key info... The trout were much farther up the main creek, too far to paddle but if I could find a place to put in I should find some trout. So I pulled up Goggle maps found a place and it was only a few miles away. Loaded up the kayak and drove over. Only had to paddle about 150 yards and I was in the middle of it. Managed to catch 8 trout in about an hour before my time ran out and had to leave. It was a good day..

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I just looked at Google maps, too - where else besides Campbell Creek Wildlife Boat Ramp did you find to put in? Didn't see any likely places, even switching over to Google Earth view.

Finding places to put in is sometimes challenge for me any tips on how t search when you hear they're biting upstream a couple of miles?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Steve View Post
    I just looked at Google maps, too - where else besides Campbell Creek Wildlife Boat Ramp did you find to put in? Didn't see any likely places, even switching over to Google Earth view.

Finding places to put in is sometimes challenge for me any tips on how t search when you hear they're biting upstream a couple of miles?

I just found a feeder creek that crossed a road. It was not a bridge just a couple of culverts under the road with enough room for me to park on the side of the road without being in the way. My kayak is fairly easy to move around and get launched

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements