Boiling spring lake area

Thread: Boiling spring lake area

Default Boiling spring lake area

Have a site visit for work in the area tomorrow and was wondering if there are any good ponds, black water areas, or marshes near by that I can flip a worm In at lunch or after I get done with my work.

Google maps is covered in ponds for the area but Iím not really fond of getting kicked out of peopleís private areas.

I am not looking for big fish per say. More interested in nature, and cool spots in the area.

Feel free to pm, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

If you're talking about the lake near Southport, the dam busted during Hurricane Florence and pretty much emptied the lake out. To my knowledge, it has not been repaired yet. There was a boat launch there, so if they ever repair the dam, you should be able to fish.

Quote Originally Posted by panfish jack View Post
    If you're talking about the lake near Southport, the dam busted during Hurricane Florence and pretty much emptied the lake out. To my knowledge, it has not been repaired yet. There was a boat launch there, so if they ever repair the dam, you should be able to fish.
    My father owned some property there, which my brothers and I just inherited. Reading the local newspaper archives, yes it is true the dam busted during Florence and emptied the lake. But I do not know the current status, and am 3 hours away.

If you go, please report back on the condition. Curious to know the status of repairs...
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have a driver that lives down near the lake. The dam has not been repaired, tentative plans are to have it done by July. I think the money that will be used for the project is federal money, therefore there's considerable red tape involved. The last time I went down that way, the lake was completely dry and full of stumps.

Would be a good time to get some pictures of it, so when they do flood it back, you'll have a real live topo map.

Yes the dam is still not repaired. My work was actually related to the repair work from florance, with shoreline stabilization/ culvert repair. I wish I would have been able to see it before it was in its current state, very pretty area.

No fishing took place either sadly but I did manage to visit some friends and cast a few times in Wilmington on the ride home.

Thanks for the input.

Last photo is a boat still tied up on a dock. Kinda hard to see through the grass

Thank you for the information, and for posting these pictures.
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements