NC Angler Forums banner

Greenville Project Healing Waters

944 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DocLee81 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, hope you’re doing well. A group of disabled vets and I have started a project healing waters flyfishing group in Greenville North Carolina. We are currently meeting twice a month and actively looking for volunteers to teach casting and tying and disabled vets as participants. We’re also looking for suggestions on places to go fishing this year. We are planning to go shared fishing in Grifton in March and Farm pond fishing here in the Greenville area when the weather warms up. Let me know if you guys having suggestions or would like to come out and see what we are up to. All the equipment is free and trips are mainly funded by our national budget. Everyone is welcome, you don’t have to be a veteran. We meet twice a month on Tuesday at 6 at the Greenville VA clinic. Let me know if you’re interested!

#2 ·
Let me pile on Doc. I'm a volunteer with PHW at Camp Lejeune. (We have chapters in Crystal Coast and Lejeune / Jacksonville). PHW is a great organization, and I've found it to be very personally rewarding to support their mission in teaching fly fishing skills to wounded and disabled vets. I'd encourage any and all fly fishers to get involved in any way you can. The Vets really appreciate it.

#3 ·
I can help with casting and a little bit with tying, just need to know when the events are. Is there a site that you post the schedule on?

#4 ·
Thanks for responding guys!

BMAC It is a great program, we have only been here since May but we have a good core group and have had a lot of fun already.

NC Tribute we meet every 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month at the Greenville VA clinic. I typically send out an email the week prior and there are electronic notifications to remind us as well. If you want to send me you email address through private message I can get you on the mailing list and we can talk more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.