New to North Carolina

Thread: New to North Carolina

Default New to North Carolina

I used to live in Michigan and I enjoyed fishing a lot in great lakes and the rivers. Caught all kinds of fish. And still have some secret fishing holes. LOL.

Now I moved to North Carolina. I need to learn to fish different species, particularly the salt water fish.

Is it possible to fish from the shore if you don't have a boat to get into the deeper ocean? I assume that salt water fish are safe to eat because they are from the ocean.

Happy fishing everybody!

- Fishing Rookie
    jerry condrey likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Welcome to North Carolina, you live in a beautiful area. There is some great fishing down your way, but unfortunately I don't have the experience down there to give you any tips (I grew up in the Piedmont a few hours West of you). Try also posting in the Saltwater Fishing section, you may get a bit more traffic that's more specific to your area, which may increase your odds of responses.

Welcome to NCAngler!
    LIVIT likes this.

- Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

Welcome aboard. There is some great saltwater fishing from shore locations from the OBX NC to the inlets in SC. The Red drum and Sea Trout fishing has been on fire. Get out there ! You do not have to fish deep to catch them. Dale
    jerry condrey likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm also new to Wilmington. Joined NCangler in December as well to learn more about this areas fishing opportunities. Fished primarily Lake Erie and Michigan. Best thing so far was to hire a two man charter in November. Learned a lot. Ready to try it on my own. Looking to fish from shore or pier in Wilmington area.

There's a lot of good stuff going on down that way. You should be able to get whiting, flounder, drum, seatrout, & bluefish from the piers & in the surf. You'll eat well.

Hello and welcome.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements