Hunting club or lease in Eastern NC

Thread: Hunting club or lease in Eastern NC

Default Hunting club or lease in Eastern NC

I think we are coming back to Lejeune and I am trying to find a place to take the kids deer hunting. We have been fortunate to hunt family land at our current duty station and they have really enjoyed it.

I am not concerned with the price. Just a safe, family environment to take my kids hunting.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for your military service...I know you and your family constantly make sacrifices.

You probably know that deer season ends here in NC on January 1st, so that may explain why you have had no replies. That will mean that you are planning for next fall. When you get on base, maybe ask around if there is a base hunt club? Also, LeJeune is so huge I believe there are hunting and fishing opportunities on base. Or when you get here, ask around at your local church if anyone has a small farm where they would like some help with deer control. For sure, have your arrangements made for the fall by June or July. The season starts down east in mid-September for archery, and mid-October for gun (with muzzle loader in between). Good luck!
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

Also check on the NC Hunting and fishing forum.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

This will be our third time at Lejeune. On base hunting isn’t the greatest and my kids are fairly young. We are hunting in SC this year so I am definitely looking at next year.

I appreciate the replies. These girls definitely enjoy the outdoors.

Chris52, ncforester, and rascals dad like this.

Good job, Dad...life-long fishing and hunting buddies.
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I think we are coming back to Lejeune and I am trying to find a place to take the kids deer hunting. We have been fortunate to hunt family land at our current duty station and they have really enjoyed it.

I am not concerned with the price. Just a safe, family environment to take my kids hunting.

Thanks

Check with any local volunteer fire house or paid fire house. I was Army and have been in the fire service 30 years. Most fireman will love to hep you, specially if you show them the picture's of you and your girls. They love family. Hunting deer in eastern NC can be tricky. Many of the locals do no like to share, especially with outsiders. As a landowner I can tell you it gets tiring to chase off folks that do not ask for permission. Just go up to any farmer with your girls and talk to them. I use to have folks just stop and ask if their kids could ride on the tractors with me and I was always glad to spark an interest in farming in a young person. Just be open and honest about what you want. You never know, many farmers are looking for some part time help around the farm, especially the older ones. Might find a chance for you and your family to get up close with some farm life, If you do get a place to go, be sure to offer the owner or person that allowed you some of your meat. Many older farmers can't physically hunt anymore but would love a piece of meat. Brings back memories since many farm families were raised on whatever the land could provide. Good luck.

here is a link to all NC fire departments look under the county you want to hunt.

https://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/Fire_Resc.../FDID_List.pdf

This link has contact information to them. Maybe an email to a group with your family pictures and explain your request would get you some response?

https://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/documents...0Directory.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by firefly2061 View Post
    Check with any local volunteer fire house or paid fire house. I was Army and have been in the fire service 30 years. Most fireman will love to hep you, specially if you show them the picture's of you and your girls. They love family. Hunting deer in eastern NC can be tricky. Many of the locals do no like to share, especially with outsiders. As a landowner I can tell you it gets tiring to chase off folks that do not ask for permission. Just go up to any farmer with your girls and talk to them. I use to have folks just stop and ask if their kids could ride on the tractors with me and I was always glad to spark an interest in farming in a young person. Just be open and honest about what you want. You never know, many farmers are looking for some part time help around the farm, especially the older ones. Might find a chance for you and your family to get up close with some farm life, If you do get a place to go, be sure to offer the owner or person that allowed you some of your meat. Many older farmers can't physically hunt anymore but would love a piece of meat. Brings back memories since many farm families were raised on whatever the land could provide. Good luck.

here is a link to all NC fire departments look under the county you want to hunt.

https://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/Fire_Resc.../FDID_List.pdf

This link has contact information to them. Maybe an email to a group with your family pictures and explain your request would get you some response?

https://www.ncdoi.com/OSFM/documents...0Directory.pdf
    Thanks for the info. I want to be clear though that I am not looking for a handout. I am more than willing to pay money.

Thanks

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements