Lake Some green presents from Lake Norman!

Thread: Some green presents from Lake Norman!

Blog Entries

Default Some green presents from Lake Norman!

Another Christmas, another day to hit the water on Norman, especially since I had a break in the filming department!

Kelli and I took a couple hours out of a busy day to see if we could get that elusive Christmas Greenie. It didnít take too long til we found something that worked.

Started in the McCrary area, but moved north of the 150 bridge to find some water that had more color to it.

I wanted sooooooo much to have my fluke rule the day, but it wasnít to be. A DT 6 took command, after some short strikes on the fluke.

Found the fish in the first couple pockets closest to the main lake with wind blowing into them.

In all, just good to be out there with my best friend!

Water temp: 51-55
    Water Clarity: 3 ft to 6 ft
    Light wind from the west

Hopefully, more to come! Hahaha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey,

How deep are they holding right now? Can’t get the boat out right now but wondering if it’s still worth beating the banks a little bit.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JbabFX4 View Post
    Hey,

How deep are they holding right now? Canít get the boat out right now but wondering if itís still worth beating the banks a little bit.

Thanks
    While there are some schools that are in the 20 to 30 ft range, I am still catching them relatively shallow...about 5 to 6 feet deep and definitely within range of the bank. I still catch a fish or three off our dock in Mountain Creek where the water is about 50 degrees now.

It's a bit tougher to do, but even from the bank, if you can fish the windier side of any pockets, I think you will have a better chance of getting something.
    Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Good to see you still know how to get those Norman spots!
    lewisfishing likes this.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements