NC Angler Forums banner

Red X Angler - W Kerr Scott Reservoir 2020 Meet and Greet

5K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Chris52 
#1 ·
Time to get ready for the W Kerr Scott Reservoir Meet & Greet for 2020, dates to be held will be May 8th - 10th at Bandits Roost Campground.

Here is the link for reservations for the campground.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/b...O&parkId=73074

We will be congregating in loop A for evening festivities I have booked site 6 for festivities purposes. Looking forward to another fine outing. We will once again float the Spillway to Smoot Park along the Yadkin River if you prefer river fishing. Those that want to fish the lake can catch a variety of fish at various access points around the lake. We will do a community meal on Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing you all there! Let me know if your coming and I'll add you to the list.

Those attending

Biglenr
H2Ohhh
DBeam
Grey Ghost
Plowboy0051
Daze823
MWagner
yadnewyaker
Chris52
Agger
Evblue

See less See more
#2 ·
Anyone want to share a spot in loop A? It is full today.

I will pay my share, and I have more than enough camp cooking equipment to bring it along. I do snore.

#10 ·
I have got Site 66...arriving on the 7th. The tent sites are going fast...looks like several 1 night stays for Saturday only.

Looking forward to this one, and meeting the folks who were not able to go to the Bay River.

#12 ·
Len - are you going to use site 6 or share site 4 with yadnewyaker? Please let me know, if you aren't goint to use 6 I'll make it available to someone else. Its yours if you want it, but its the community meal location for Saturday.

#13 ·
I made a quick trip to Kerr Scott today and my 2nd cast caught this hybrid, not a bad way to start the year. Kerr Scott has always been pretty good to me but I hadn't been to the lake in quite awhile until today. There are some very good fish to be caught in there.

#14 ·
Using Site 6... Thanks ray, We talked via messenger. Will have the infamous former-Ted 3 sided shelter set up. As well as my big tent.

Will settle up with you then or before.

Darrell informs me that Wilma has requested Mac & Cheese.... So it shall be.

Will likely have Tracy with me again this year, so if anyone is in doubt of bringing spouse/gf... please do so.

#15 ·
Well I constantly ask my spouse to join me whenever I go on a camping trip...but as soon as I say the ‘c’ word the conversation is immediately over. She proudly proclaims herself to be ‘The Marriott Queen’. You guys are lucky to have a partner who enjoys the great outdoors.

#25 ·
I just received a cancellation notice and a refund for my spot at Bandits Roost...the campground will be closed through May 15 due to coronavirus. I am assuming that you guys did too? Anywhere else we could go?

#26 ·
You are correct Chris unfortunately this years event is cancelled due to the Covid-19 outbreak. I will do some floats on the Yadkin those same days but nothing is going to be re-scheduled until we know how this scourge is going to be played out. This outbreak is changing the landscape at a rapid pace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.