Harris lake

Thread: Harris lake

Default Harris lake

Anyone have any tips for Harris this time of year. I'm taking my wife out on her new kayak.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I normally fish Jordan by trolling in my kayak but just recently talked to a few guys that kayak fish on Harris. Was told that they did pretty well by jigging blade baits in deeper water. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostmd View Post
    Anyone have any tips for Harris this time of year. I'm taking my wife out on her new kayak.
    My biggest tip would be to go somewhere else. Place is horrible these days.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The fish are still in there but its a tough fishery for sure

It is a tough lake for sure, which is not helped by my lack of skill. That said I enjoy it for kayak fishing. The county park is a nice place to launch (good parking, no boats to contend with), although be sure to check the hours and a cart (purchased or DIY) helps immensely.

And there are certainly good fish in there, you just have to work harder for them.

Depends on what you want to fish for. I think the lake gets pounded for bass pretty frequently, but there are a lot of other species that do well there. I have seen some really nice channel and white catfish caught there and landed my PB shellcracker (12) in deeper water, close to the dam area. Id launch from the cross point road launch, and fish either some minnows or red worms on a double drop bottom rig to catch some perch, bream, or catfish. If you have access to a fishfinder, that will help you locate them much quicker. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements