NC Angler Forums banner

Harris lake

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Pond Pounder 
#1 ·
Anyone have any tips for Harris this time of year. I'm taking my wife out on her new kayak.

#5 ·
It is a tough lake for sure, which is not helped by my lack of skill. That said I enjoy it for kayak fishing. The county park is a nice place to launch (good parking, no boats to contend with), although be sure to check the hours and a cart (purchased or DIY) helps immensely.

And there are certainly good fish in there, you just have to work harder for them.

#6 ·
Depends on what you want to fish for. I think the lake gets pounded for bass pretty frequently, but there are a lot of other species that do well there. I have seen some really nice channel and white catfish caught there and landed my PB shellcracker (12”) in deeper water, close to the dam area. I’d launch from the cross point road launch, and fish either some minnows or red worms on a double drop bottom rig to catch some perch, bream, or catfish. If you have access to a fishfinder, that will help you locate them much quicker. Hope that helps. Good luck!

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.