Yamaha 2 Stroke Diagnostics

Thread: Yamaha 2 Stroke Diagnostics

Default Yamaha 2 Stroke Diagnostics

I recently have just got my carbs rebuilt/cleaned by a reputable local shop. My engine has been surging in full throttle lately. I haven't had any issues staring the motor but it will occasion stall wen idle in low speed. Below is a video of my top carb leaking gas as i prime the primer bulb. Anybody had this issue? My guess is hat it is the carb float. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW09...ature=youtu.be

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

How long ago is recently? The reason I ask is if it only started happening right after they rebuilt the carbs, Id be taking it back to them and telling them to try again. If its been a little while and this just started happening you probably dont have a leg to stand on.

Yeah, that don't look right. I agree with trigger22. If it started right after getting the work done, it needs to go back an get done right.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for the info. It's been about 3 months since i had the work done and started surging right after. I just noticed this though, so it could have been happening all along. Thinking, taking it back is probably a smart move.
    Thanks,

I had a Yamaha 25 Hp 2 stroke that did the same thing. it started fine but surged at low speed and stalled. at high speed it was fine.
    I rebuilt and cleaned it. still ran the same.
    I ordered new jets,venturis, floats, needle and seats ,main jets and gaskets and (anything else you can think of) from Yamahaonlineparts.com tel.512 777 2601
    I rebuilt carbs again. run great!
    I think the E10 gas is what messed up the parts.
    I now only use non ethanol gas.
    PS I don't work at the parts place .
    Good Luck

Float levels could be off in the carbs. Also issues can be caused by the primer bulb as simple as that sounds, replace it if its old and mount vertically. If you have a water/fuel separator check it and replace it if it is suspect. Meth gas can cause weak fuel lines to collapse INSIDE where you cannot see and even send particulates to your new carb job and clog it right back up. Replace any fuel lines that are old, cheap insurance.

Electronics can cause all sorts of weird behavior but try the simple fuel stuff first. Iboats is your friend I have solved many problems with old motors on that web site. Good luck.
    meenyt likes this.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements