Southmount Abbotts launch at High Rock Lake inquiry.

Thread: Southmount Abbotts launch at High Rock Lake inquiry.

Default Southmount Abbotts launch at High Rock Lake inquiry.

Is anyone familiar with the Southmount Abbots launch site at High Rock lake?
    If you launch from there can you get under highway 8 that is right in front of the launch site?
    I have a pontoon boat that needs 8 foot clearance and would like to know if that will make it under the bridge.
    Thanks.
    The great thing about excruciating pain......at least you know you are still alive.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I found this site with info about Bridge clearances on High Rock:
    http://savehighrocklake.org/hrinfo1.asp
    I'm not familiar with the lake though, so I don't know if it's accurate.

Thanks. I have been there some time ago and I believe it is pretty much accurate. Guess I will have to try Buddel Creek.
    The great thing about excruciating pain......at least you know you are still alive.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It would have to be pretty low to make it in a pontoon... it is tight in a bass boat most of the time. Hit my cowling on the bottom of the bridge one time : (
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilslure View Post
    It would have to be pretty low to make it in a pontoon... it is tight in a bass boat most of the time. Hit my cowling on the bottom of the bridge one time : (

Yea, we bit the bullet and took the jon boat out Monday on MLK Day. Oh man was it cold.
    There is no way I would ever be able to get my pontoon boat under the Abbotts Creek Hwy 8 bridge.

Launching from Buddle Creek is about my only option and it will work fine. I am just hoping I can make it under the other bridge that separates that part of the lake from the Marina. I can always gas can it, but much easier justpulling into the marina to fill up.

Thanks.

The other bridge has plenty of clearance.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements