Inshore Trout bite continues - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trout bite continues

Will a weightless Gulp bait work like a shrimp or mullet with the long 5-10 count pauses? I've made only a few coldwater salt trips but I think I need to make time given the good reports all the time. Most people seem to be reporting that they are using hard baits.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    Will a weightless Gulp bait work like a shrimp or mullet with the long 5-10 count pauses? I've made only a few coldwater salt trips but I think I need to make time given the good reports all the time. Most people seem to be reporting that they are using hard baits.
    Yes Gulp works as does ProCure.
    Harold's 3 lber fell for a Gulp Shrimp that day.
    You will get a lot more spikes using Gulp than you will using hard plastic lures, IMHO...... ICM

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	Harold's 3 #er.jpg‎
Views:	164
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	196621
    theramrod likes this.

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

Blog Entries

Couple of guys were using Gulp the other day as I paddled by them. They reported having been there a few hours and had a few fish for their efforts. I eased past them and started fishing, and catching on every cast with hard baits. They seemed dumbfounded and asked what I was using so I shared. I changed colors 6 times just to prove it was the bait and presentation and not the color. Soft plastics will definitely work, but hard baits are king right now.
    bmac, ice cream man, and Nickp like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12