Winter cats from the bank?

Thread: Winter cats from the bank?

Default Winter cats from the bank?

Hello,

Looking for any advice on fishing for catfish from the bank during winter. I know that most are hanging out in deep holes, but Im just not familiar enough with the area to know of any decent bank spots during the colder months. Badin, Tillery, High Rock, Pee Dee, Yadkin? Or Fayetteville area.
    Thanks!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Try fishing near a bridge where you can cast into the channel. You will get snagged some but its a good bet you will catch fish.
    matthewmo likes this.

Look-up Buckhorn dam. Itís a spillway located on the Cape Fear in Sanford. Thereís a good stretch of bank thatís accessible near where you park and you can also fish next to the spillway. Lots of channel cats and also some nice blues and flatheads one the area. Most of the area around the island is pretty shallow and snaggy because of the rocky bottom, so you may just want to freeline some bait or have a three way swivel with a lighter line attached to a small weight that you donít mind breaking off. Here are a few fish I caught this past spring in the area.Click image for larger version.†

Name:	Adjustments.jpg†
Views:	17†
Size:	83.9 KB†
ID:	196609

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements