Outerbanks Help PLEASE

Thread: Outerbanks Help PLEASE

Default Outerbanks Help PLEASE

Hey y'all,
    Me and some buddies are taking my 20ft CC out to Ocracoke Island area to camp and try to fish this weekend. We're brand new to North Carolina (florida boys up here for law school) so if you guys could give some recommendations on what to go for and where exactly to go we'd greatly appreciate that! My boat has a 50 mile range so the Gulf Stream isn't an option unfortunately. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Kiind of a slow kind of year. I'd probably just fish the marsh for trout or drift the channels with some cut bait or peices of shrimp.

Quote Originally Posted by xxmsfxx View Post
    Hey y'all,
    Me and some buddies are taking my 20ft CC out to Ocracoke Island area to camp and try to fish this weekend. We're brand new to North Carolina (florida boys up here for law school) so if you guys could give some recommendations on what to go for and where exactly to go we'd greatly appreciate that! My boat has a 50 mile range so the Gulf Stream isn't an option unfortunately. Thanks in advance!
    Wait a month or so. It’ll get better as the water warms up. Still too cold for anything other than scattered puppies and Spiny Dogfish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by xxmsfxx View Post
    Hey y'all,
    Trout or sea bass is what I am catching. This might help you with some other ideas:
    https://www.outer-banks-revealed.com...anks-fish.html

Also, when close, stop by a local tackle shop and pick up one of the Top Spot fishing maps. It has coordinates for locations of types of fish you may want to target.. even lists when the bite is good.

https://www.offshoremapping.com/Prod...Inlet-p313.htm
    BTW, there's blue fin running in this area within 15 miles, and the season is still open. So, grab your tiagra 80s and 120s.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    GreyGhost likes this.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements