Trout Creek (underwater footage) and question

Thread: Trout Creek (underwater footage) and question

Default Trout Creek (underwater footage) and question

Finally got back to playing with the waterwolf last week and got a couple hours of footage that I picked through and clipped the highlights together. Maybe ya'll can get some learning out of it or even point out things I missed.

Also, has anybody noticed that, at least for New River, that NC angler's solunar bite times don't agree on the best days as other apps like tides for fishing? I'm here to say with confidence that NCAngler's data is more accurate but I'm interested to know why. Usually what I see is tides4fishing showing the best bite days one or two days earlier kicking off during the moon phases and since I generally fish every day for at least an hour I have noticed over time that NCAngler is dead on but their bite days are two ish days behind. I exclude the days with other conditions like pre and post front but continue to see the same thing. Anyway, just a curiosity that I lack the time to tackle while trying to keep up with everything else and figured one of ya'll already have the answer anyway. Link for video is below.

https://youtu.be/H2XSS7vSVrY

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Great video footage, keep them coming.......ICM
    steven.brewster likes this.

My wife keeps saying I don't listen to her .... or something like that.

That was really interesting...nicely done! Even with your lure fouled by moss, grass, and leaves the fish were still curious. And you have evidently found prime gar habitat!

Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Angler Member
    Kayak Angler

Awesome footage!

Teach a man to fish and he'll give away all your good spots.

Hey Steve,

Your posts always stir the desire to get out on the water. Fish any lure, and all lures if you have the time and can't find the right one. Fish faster, slower, with pauses, jerks, double-jerks, but it the lures aren't in the water, you won't catch jack.

Myself, i'm just waiting till the honey-do list is a bit further trimmed down.

Keep your posts coming,

Jeff

Jeff C - Ocean Kayak Prowler Trident 13
    Usually fishing Topsail

Great video! You asked if anyone knows what that little fish streaking across was. If you give me the exact location I'm sure I can give you a SWAG

After replaying the footage I realized I was moving fast for once and I think it was a stick. haha

Cool video... it looked like u went over a huge flounder at one point. I rewound and watched again. I don't think it was,,, but maybe!

Quote Originally Posted by zebralips View Post
    Cool video... it looked like u went over a huge flounder at one point. I rewound and watched again. I don't think it was,,, but maybe!
    I know there are flounder in that area and some big southerns will winter over inshore. What time in the video?

Great video! Thanks for posting it, would love to see more

...3:12. I'm pretty sure it isn't one though. What could possibly be guessed to be it's eyes look too close together for a flounder that size. The gars are the coolest!

Good stuff! Thank you for sharing.
    What is on the bottom of the creek at the 2:05 mark? Looks like a tusk
    Red X Angler
    Made it back to the coast! That feels better.

Way cool Steve. So can you tell what you see at the moment you see it on the recording? Meaning are you aware while filming it what is happening or is it when you get back? At beginning are you just replaying the same video over and over? I say that but I do see some differences in the video but man that's a lot of fish. What was teh water depth and temp when you filmed them can you tell?
    I enjoyed watching it. Do more it's exciting to see what we can't and to go when we can;t.

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements