I'm back...sorta

Thread: I'm back...sorta

Default I'm back...sorta

Guys I normally have a few outings to report but confirmed case of the flu kicked my butt in ways I did not think possible. Things got kind of rough but a day in the ER turned the tables.

Hopefully a trip soon, depending on weather and water conditions. We had flooding in a half day that rivaled last years foot of rain.

If anyone wants to know just how serious I am about bass fishing, here you go!

Still not over the flu ravages. I started 10 days ago stripping rods, inspect and clean, ditto on every reel plus new line and rigging them up, guessing it's going to be dirty to muddy water. I'm down to a handful but getting there.

Now tackle.

Terminal box: Organized, hooks checked and sharpened.

I use an Abu Garcia soft bag with 4 large trays.

One: Bladed baits. Each skirt checked or replaced. Ruined blades replaced. Hooks sharpened. Spinnerbaits in one box, chatterbaits in another. Equal amount of colors for each.

Two: crankbaits: 1.5 squarebill and lipless. Organize, clean *makes a huge difference and hook maintenance.

Three: See above but deeper crankbaits.

Four: See above with even more time on hooks. Topwater rules here in the summer. Doubles productive time in the south.

Boat: Check and double check each battery, connection, gages, leaks, clothing, jumper pack, oil, additive, tools, spare props, wire, electrical tape, phone charge Jack's, first aid, paddle, running lights, Graphs, EVERYTHING.

I already put rod sleeves on a dozen rods and stowed them in the rod locker. Those things are gold if you stow rods in a boat. Protects everything but mainly keeps tips from lodging in the bowels of the boat. I have not snapped one since I started using them. Get them on Ali Express. Takes longer to get here but the price is 1/3.

Large open plano boxes.

One: Swimbaits
    Two: Creature baits
    Three: Finese baits
    Four: Plastic trailers, skirts, replacement blades, etc.
    Five: Plastic worms. I ditched the plano for a Berkley binder with clear plastic storage. Like reading a book and so much easier than dumping a large open plano to find the worm you need.

No wonder I'm tired. Overkill? Maybe. I started the organization thing last year, not to this extreme but a huge improvement and had my best year ever.

I guess we will see if it pays off. I'm sure I forgot a few things but you get the idea.

Tight lines.

Check out this mess. Good thing my wife fishes. She totally understands. And boy does she fish!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Chris52, and rascals dad like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Way more organized than me. That’s a good thing. A couple of years ago I was at a flea market and bought one of those binders for plastic baits. Love that thing.
    ~JOE~
    Solo Dei Gloria

Quote Originally Posted by Joetrain View Post
    Way more organized than me. That’s a good thing. A couple of years ago I was at a flea market and bought one of those binders for plastic baits. Love that thing.
    ~JOE~
    I bought one a year or two ago, found it on clearance at Walmart. I use it for all my pre-tied saltwater rigs.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Organization comes with age I guess. I still have to make myself try everything once I hit the water.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements