Hickory 3/17

Thread: Hickory 3/17

Default Hickory 3/17

New decade new season. Water still a cold 49 degrees. That's the clue to find the warmest water. Rocks and concrete warmed it up, and that's where the crawfish stay.

This fat gal started the season when she nailed a crawfish crankbait. Hard to Express how fat she was, almost looked full of eggs.

I thought it was a largemouth when I caught it but now I think it was a "meanmouth", cross between a spot or largemouth with a smallmouth. I caught one before but still have not caught a smallmouth. I'm just glad I didn't get skunked on the first outing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    rascals dad likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by geneinnc View Post
    New decade new season. Water still a cold 49 degrees. That's the clue to find the warmest water. Rocks and concrete warmed it up, and that's where the crawfish stay.

This fat gal started the season when she nailed a crawfish crankbait. Hard to Express how fat she was, almost looked full of eggs.

I thought it was a largemouth when I caught it but now I think it was a "meanmouth", cross between a spot or largemouth with a smallmouth. I caught one before but still have not caught a smallmouth. I'm just glad I didn't get skunked on the first outing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    It’s just a cold dirty water spot

Default Hickory 3/17

I usually just close the mouth and check where the corner of the jaw lies. If it's at or in front of the eye it's a spot, and if it goes behind the eye it's a black bass. The tongue patch is hard to rely on.

Nice job finding the fish in the cold. I have almost forgotten what it's like to fish water that cold living down here.

Winter ain't so bad anymore!
    - Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements