Looking for fishing partners.
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Looking for fishing partners.

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    15

    Default Looking for fishing partners.

    Hello all!

    I知 new to kayak fishing and this will be my first spring season on my new bonafide. I am primarily a catfish guy but I am game to run after just about anything. I have the gear for cats some bass fishing and ultralight fishing for bluegill crappie and the like. So far I致e been out about 10 times with mixed results, and I知 stoked for some warmer weather and longer days!

    I would love love to meet up with some like minded individuals and head out on Harris, Jordan, Falls, Cape fear, or the Neuse. I try to plan trips with a good amount of lead time due to Family, church, and work.

    I look ok forward to getting to know you guys and hope to maybe meet a new fishing buddy or three!
    sporkd2 likes this.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    8

    Default

    What area are you in? I travel a lot of places and try after a lot of fish in my ol yellow kayak. Love catching those catfish!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Hey man! I mostly fish in the saltwater but I also fish the brackish parts of the cape fear, especially in the winter. I'm heading out there tomorrow, I'll let you know how it goes. I'm also in desperate need of people to kayak with! I'm also a total noob when in come to catfishing from the kayak so maybe you could show me a thing or two!

  4. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    25

    Default

    ’m still pretty new to the area, but am a fellow catter. I have a Fishing. SUP that I acquired a couple of months back. If you want to get out on some skinny water sometime give me a shout.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakacat View Post
    Hello all!

    I’m new to kayak fishing and this will be my first spring season on my new bonafide. I am primarily a catfish guy but I am game to run after just about anything. I have the gear for cats some bass fishing and ultralight fishing for bluegill crappie and the like. So far I’ve been out about 10 times with mixed results, and I’m stoked for some warmer weather and longer days!

    I would love love to meet up with some like minded individuals and head out on Harris, Jordan, Falls, Cape fear, or the Neuse. I try to plan trips with a good amount of lead time due to Family, church, and work.

    I look ok forward to getting to know you guys and hope to maybe meet a new fishing buddy or three!

  6. #5
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Give me a shout too. I’m in Youngsville and have a Hobie Revolution kayak. I’ll fish for anything, just about anywhere and at anytime.
    ~JOE~
    Solo Dei Gloria

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Just brought my kayak down from my previous place in VA. Ocean Kayak Prowler 13 that I've used maybe three time. Been wanting to finally put some miles on it! I primarily bass fish, and have been a bank fisherman for the most part. Would love to connect at some point and find a few people to kayak fish with!

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    20

    Default

    I try to fish Harris once a week after work. Usually launch from the county park since that helps avoid boat traffic (and morons on jet skis). Fish exclusively for bass at the moment, and would welcome a partner.

    The issue is I can’t really plan. Can only go if my afternoon meetings are cancelled, but that tends not to happen until the last minute.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yakacat View Post
    Hello all!

    I’m new to kayak fishing and this will be my first spring season on my new bonafide. I am primarily a catfish guy but I am game to run after just about anything. I have the gear for cats some bass fishing and ultralight fishing for bluegill crappie and the like. So far I’ve been out about 10 times with mixed results, and I’m stoked for some warmer weather and longer days!

    I would love love to meet up with some like minded individuals and head out on Harris, Jordan, Falls, Cape fear, or the Neuse. I try to plan trips with a good amount of lead time due to Family, church, and work.

    I look ok forward to getting to know you guys and hope to maybe meet a new fishing buddy or three!
    I'm getting a new kayak (should be here tomorrow hopefully) and would like to meet up with others to go fishing as well.



    Quote Originally Posted by a.scientist View Post
    I try to fish Harris once a week after work. Usually launch from the county park since that helps avoid boat traffic (and morons on jet skis). Fish exclusively for bass at the moment, and would welcome a partner.

    The issue is I can’t really plan. Can only go if my afternoon meetings are cancelled, but that tends not to happen until the last minute.
    I work near Bragg but live in Raleigh and could go up 1 and stop to fish for a bit

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fayetteville
    Posts
    170

    Default

    I'm in Fayetteville and Calabash, fish mostly inshore coastal now. 10' Tamarack. Paddle yak but it works. Also fish a 19' Bay boat.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts