good creek fishing spots near lake norman area?

Thread: good creek fishing spots near lake norman area?

Default good creek fishing spots near lake norman area?

moved here almost a year ago now havent been fishing yet i dont have a boat and tbh i prefer creek/river fishing i love to walk down a creek and finding spots to set up so far only places iv found are bridges off the south yadkin river not sure how good it will be when i drive to it i can check it out.

anyways curious if anyone knows of any good creeks/small rivers for catfish flatheads is what im mostly gunning for in the 2-10 pound range and crappie
    hell ill even pay if someone has a good spot thats on private property that they dont mind me fishing at

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I would recommend getting a kayak, Lake Norman doesn't have great Lake accesses. I would try some of the parks around the Lake or the two Hot Holes for bank fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakkin View Post
    I would recommend getting a kayak, Lake Norman doesn't have great Lake accesses. I would try some of the parks around the Lake or the two Hot Holes for bank fishing.

tbh i mgiht end up getting a blow up boat for 50 bucks use to have one and ill throw out some juggs i wont go much further than 100 yards though for safety reasons

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by matt1991 View Post
    tbh i mgiht end up getting a blow up boat for 50 bucks use to have one and ill throw out some juggs i wont go much further than 100 yards though for safety reasons
    You can find a decent sit inside kayak on craiglist with a paddle for 150-300$ usually. They aren't as nice as the sit on tops for fishing but they'll do you a lot better then a blow up boat and you won't have to worry about sinking constantly

You can find a decent sit inside kayak on craiglist with a paddle for 150-300$ usually. They aren't as nice as the sit on tops for fishing but they'll do you a lot better then a blow up boat and you won't have to worry about sinking constantly

tbh kayaks arnt very good for catfishing to me hey are great for bass and sunfish but when im fishing with 2 catfish rods and using cut or whole fish its just not possible sadly. unless use it to go down to parts and get out to find places to bank fish.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1991 View Post
    tbh kayaks arnt very good for catfishing to me hey are great for bass and sunfish but when im fishing with 2 catfish rods and using cut or whole fish its just not possible sadly. unless use it to go down to parts and get out to find places to bank fish.
    I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you, I caught three 15+ pound catfish today out of a kayak with one weighing my guess around 25lbs. I used a similar set up as you described two rods drifting live small sunfish. I've seen guys catch absolutely massive catfish out of kayaks too.

To each his own though

I'm not sure why it doesn't work for you, I caught three 15+ pound catfish today out of a kayak with one weighing my guess around 25lbs. I used a similar set up as you described two rods drifting live small sunfish. I've seen guys catch absolutely massive catfish out of kayaks too.

To each his own though
    man i just feel with 2 rods having a bucket with my live bait and small tackle box and having a stringer for keeping fish it could be way to much stuff i like t have at least 2 rods really i like at least 6 tbh 4 for cats and usually have some with worms for sunfish or whatever bites it and feel kaayaks are great for 1 rod reel fishing for bass and sunfish but very clustered if you target big game fish

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements