creek small river spots near lake norman?

Thread: creek small river spots near lake norman?

Default creek small river spots near lake norman?

not trying to go voer 45 minutes away i live about 5 minutes from lake normal off 77

trying to find some cool spots to fish for flatheads mostly and crappie but ill take some channels blues too i always loved creek small river fishing being able to walk down finding good secluded spots and catching mess of fish since nobody hardly fishes them anymore usually youll get some good fishing

anyways does anyone know of any cool spots to fish some creeks around that area? iv looked on google maps south yadkin and some small feeder creeks like second and third creek is all iv seen so far im gonna go check them out soon but curious of others here on their experiences

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Your challenge is that the land in that area is VERY expensive, and all privately owned and occupied. Not much place for you to walk uninvited to fish, and hard to get permission. Especially since from the type of fish you mention, you intend to catch and keep.

Good luck in your search.
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

Oh, if you are looking for feeders to the Yadkin, you can find them. The South Yadkin is fishable, especially around Coulomee at the dam for the fish you seek. But if you are looking for feeders to the catawba... much harder to find.
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by biglenr View Post
    Oh, if you are looking for feeders to the Yadkin, you can find them. The South Yadkin is fishable, especially around Coulomee at the dam for the fish you seek. But if you are looking for feeders to the catawba... much harder to find.
    not familiar at all with nc besides my area of mooresville

luckly where i looked theirs a good 5 bridge locations going up and down a few back roads that go over south yadkin second and third creek which im sure also have flats in theme specially after a decent rain

bout a year back i did some research and found a good spot near that are ai think kinda close to mocksville

hopefully i can find a decent spot that i can get to i love when railroad tracks go near creeks usually u can walk down the tracks till you find a good spot

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements