rocky river near concord

Thread: rocky river near concord

Default rocky river near concord

driving to concord mall right before you hit it you see a small river called rocky river curious if anyone here has ever fished it? i did a quick google search and apparently its a good little catfish hole very long goes a good ways i been trying to find places like this to fish so im curious if any locals know anything about it?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I fish this river quite a bit. It is full of catfish, and many other species as well.
    I fish it for Gar, Smallmouth and White Bass.
    The further from Concord you get, the better the fishing gets.

~Michael

Quote Originally Posted by michael_cb_125 View Post
    I fish this river quite a bit. It is full of catfish, and many other species as well.
    I fish it for Gar, Smallmouth and White Bass.
    The further from Concord you get, the better the fishing gets.

~Michael
    aww sad. so any bank spots u recommend/

also im from missisippi find it funny you fish for gar as gar as a trash fish to us apparently nc doesnt have alligator gar thank god cause they always get in the way of cut bait when i cat fishing and bowfin

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Productive bank spots are hard to come by, as most are on private land. The few that are accessable (bridges) are tyipically fished very heavily.

The best way to fish this river is either by kayak or wading. Hell, I even fishing it from a tractor innertube during the summer when the weather is warm. PM me for some locations that will be more productive if you dont have a kayak or such.

The gar we have are longnose gar. The biggest I have seen in the Rocky is over 72", biggest that I have landed has been 56". All the big ones are females and we let them go. The smaller males are a darn good eating fish, if you know how to clean them and have the proper tools.

The reason I mentioned the fishing is better further from Concord is due to the fact that in Concord it should be called the muddy river. Even all the way to Midland, the river has a lot of mud bottom. Once further down, it matches its name and the bottom is 95% rock. Clarity also increase the closer you get to the output to the PeeDee. During summers with little rain, we use googles to look for catfish, visibilty can be as high as 10'.

If you are located in Concord, the spots I am mentioning are only a 25-35 min drive at most....

~Michael

Default rocky river near concord

Quote Originally Posted by michael_cb_125 View Post
    Productive bank spots are hard to come by, as most are on private land. The few that are accessable (bridges) are tyipically fished very heavily.

The best way to fish this river is either by kayak or wading. Hell, I even fishing it from a tractor innertube during the summer when the weather is warm. PM me for some locations that will be more productive if you dont have a kayak or such.

The gar we have are longnose gar. The biggest I have seen in the Rocky is over 72", biggest that I have landed has been 56". All the big ones are females and we let them go. The smaller males are a darn good eating fish, if you know how to clean them and have the proper tools.

The reason I mentioned the fishing is better further from Concord is due to the fact that in Concord it should be called the muddy river. Even all the way to Midland, the river has a lot of mud bottom. Once further down, it matches its name and the bottom is 95% rock. Clarity also increase the closer you get to the output to the PeeDee. During summers with little rain, we use googles to look for catfish, visibilty can be as high as 10'.

If you are located in Concord, the spots I am mentioning are only a 25-35 min drive at most....

~Michael

eww the thought of eating gar disgust me lol i have a phobia of gar i got bit by one as a child and scared me bled pretty bad on my arm so i usually cut the line when catch o offer it to anyone near me who may want it bt least theirs no gator gar there they really can mess up fishing eatin small fish and messin with your bait lucky tho they are hard to hook at least

i live in mooresville 5 mins from lake normal atm moving soon tho not sure where but around the area

i only talked about this river cause is aw it from the highway and wondered about it and looked it up on google maps

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements