Need a guide for Norman?

Thread: Need a guide for Norman?

Default Need a guide for Norman?

Need a guide sometime between the the 6th oF March and the 22nd. This would hopefully be for some Alabama Bass probably in Norman. Normally I dont use guides but my son wants to go Spotted bass fishing and my spot(pun intended) has kentucky spots so i figure he may want some bigger ones and I have heard norman is the Place to go. His last day of work is March the 6th then he goes to Boot Camp at Ft Benning then Ranger school.
    so it would have to be between those dates.

so I need recommendations on guides and tactics he will be using .

Thanks, Mack
    Mowhawk pack , coleman scanoe, OT 158, 2 OT 119's,
    1232 Jon Boat, Wilderness Systems ATAK 140, Ascend 12T

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mack in N.C. View Post
    Need a guide sometime between the the 6th oF March and the 22nd. This would hopefully be for some Alabama Bass probably in Norman. Normally I dont use guides but my son wants to go Spotted bass fishing and my spot(pun intended) has kentucky spots so i figure he may want some bigger ones and I have heard norman is the Place to go. His last day of work is March the 6th then he goes to Boot Camp at Ft Benning then Ranger school.
    so it would have to be between those dates.

so I need recommendations on guides and tactics he will be using .

Thanks, Mack
    Im not sure about a guide, but I am quite familiar with Norman and am sure I could find a day in that time frame that I could take him out, no charge, of course. Id be glad to help if youd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by lewisfishing View Post
    I’m not sure about a guide, but I am quite familiar with Norman and am sure I could find a day in that time frame that I could take him out, no charge, of course. I’d be glad to help if you’d like.

i moved t norman years ago close by trying to actually relocate and find a place on the water within my renting budget of 1200

anyways curious what all types of dishing do you do on norman? tbh i only go for 3 species flathead catfish crappie ad bluegill not big into bass fishing nowadays

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries

Default Need a guide for Norman?

Quote Originally Posted by matt1991 View Post
    i moved t norman years ago close by trying to actually relocate and find a place on the water within my renting budget of 1200

anyways curious what all types of dishing do you do on norman? tbh i only go for 3 species flathead catfish crappie ad bluegill not big into bass fishing nowadays
    I am pretty much all bass...unless something else pops it head up while bass fishing, or if i am at the coast. I have caught lots of stripers and hybrids while fishing for bass, and have even targeted them while out there, but I don't chase them enough to be consistent for now.
    Red X Angler // Many men go fishing all their lives without knowing that is not fish they are after - Thoreau

Check out Reel Life Guide SErvice. He specializes in crappie and stripers/hybrid but catches lots of bass too.

Lewisfishing is a great resource on Norman. Seems he’s always catching lots of numbers. Plus he’s offering it at no cost. What a man.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1991 View Post

I consider myself an all around angler, I have trips where I target just about every type of fish on the Lake carp, catfish, bass, pan fish and have been trying to locate some Stripers/Hybrids to no avail this Winter.

Have had the catfish bug the last few weeks, caught two 25lbers today on Lake Norman

I'm pretty ADHD when it comes to fishing in general, I own a fly fishing setup, a kayak, bank gear, a surf fishing set up for when I'm at the beach, bass gear, catfish gear.

Each fish provides it's own challenges to locate and catch, I'll probably never be able to master fishing a certain species but I have fun fishing for everything near me atleast once a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Yakkin View Post
    I consider myself an all around angler, I have trips where I target just about every type of fish on the Lake carp, catfish, bass, pan fish and have been trying to locate some Stripers/Hybrids to no avail this Winter.

Have had the catfish bug the last few weeks, caught two 25lbers today on Lake Norman

I'm pretty ADHD when it comes to fishing in general, I own a fly fishing setup, a kayak, bank gear, a surf fishing set up for when I'm at the beach, bass gear, catfish gear.

Each fish provides it's own challenges to locate and catch, I'll probably never be able to master fishing a certain species but I have fun fishing for everything near me atleast once a year.

id like to learn how t fly fish it looks soo fun fly fishing for bluegill or crappie b hard t catch crappie tho besides when they come into shallows

yeah its all about fun to me i usually have 4-5 rods when fishing
    2 out for catfish
    have 1 with worms with small hook that only big panfish can bite and big enough for catfish still ud be surprised i feel people try t use to big of hooks smaller hook more sharp and easier it is especially when comes to cat fish since they have mouths more human like than other fish really need a smaller sharp hook n my opinion

I am pretty much all bass...unless something else pops it head up while bass fishing, or if i am at the coast. I have caught lots of stripers and hybrids while fishing for bass, and have even targeted them while out there, but I don't chase them enough to be consistent for now.

also do you know any good spots to bank fish norman for cats? crappie? might get a blow up boat soon just t get myself out a good 100 yards or so and set a couple of jugs to help my changes

You wanting a pro guide or just someone to show you around.

Ty Mathis for the pro. I grew up on Norman.

PM if I can help.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I’m not sure about a guide, but I am quite familiar with Norman and am sure I could find a day in that time frame that I could take him out, no charge, of course. I’d be glad to help if you’d like.

While I’ve never met lewisfishing, I’ve heard many stories of him from my fishing buddies, mostly all good . I’d take him up on that offer, cause from what I hear, he is **** good and Norman is his home spot.

Red X Angler... I am but a padawan.
    Old Town Predator 13

I would take up Lewishfishing on his offer for sure, I wish I had found the time to catch up with him when I lived there. Might want to pack a bag or two of soft plastic flukes.
    lewisfishing likes this.

- Sam
    "Things are only impossible until they're not!"

Blog Entries

Thanks so much everyone! We are going to make a really cool trip soon! All I hope is I can stay on top of these bass here. I hope it will make a great post soon!

trigger22 likes this.

16. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements