Piedmont Area Kayak Angler

Thread: Piedmont Area Kayak Angler

Default Piedmont Area Kayak Angler

Hello! I stumbled apon this forum while searching for local fishing reports. I'm originally from Michigan, went Army in 08, and then finally landed myself in North Carolina with my wife in 2015. I grew up bank fishing and catamaran sailing in MI. When we moved, I got into surf fishing the coast around Fort Fisher.

I got into kayak fishing about a year ago. I was renting frequently and decided to take the jump and buy a used Hobie PA14. Now I try to get out once a week. Recently I've been at Salem lake and Belews, trying to deal with this crazy weather! Look forward to reading posts and maybe seeing someone on the water!
    JBowman likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey -

Greensboro here. More of a river guy, which you can't do in a PA, but those are magnificent craft for lakes. Bellew's is a VERY tough lake for me, but I have had some luck in High Point City Lake, Reidsville Lake, and Randleman.
    JBowman likes this.

After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

I haven't hit Reidsville lake yet, though I have it on the spring fishing to do. Your right though, belews can be hit or miss and you sometimes have to cover alot of water. Turns into more of a workout than a fishing trip sometimes. Right now though is fairly good. The water temp is high enough to get them heading to the South grass areas.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hey I’m out in Moore County. I just moved here for Uncle Sam last summer. Recently picked up a fishing SUP. Also trying to get out now that the wx is clearing up. I tried Cape Fear below Buckhorn Dam this evening. Real pretty area, very shallow, and perfect for a yak.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements