Lake 3/9 at Fearrington Bridge

Thread: 3/9 at Fearrington Bridge

Default 3/9 at Fearrington Bridge

Launched at Fearrington Point around 8:45 this morning and fished the creek to the left of the ramp for about an hour. Only managed a small channel cat and short crappie for my efforts, so I donít think the crappie are quite staging in the creeks yet.

Decided to pedal over and join the party at the bridge. I hooked up with some good white bass and caught 4-5 total, along with about 1/2 dozen perch and mostly short crappie. Did catch one nice keeper that pulled a bit of drag. All my fish were caught drifting on the bottom.

I did mark a ton of fish around the channel, but the wind and current were pretty rough today. Iím sure all of the boaters thought I was a bit crazy, blowing all over the place in my kayak. But when the bite is good, sometimes you just gotta brave a bit of crappie weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Abert43, and Bleedingblue like this.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Good on ya for fighting through the chop. That Perception can handle it - been there done that in the same boat. Shoot me a pm if you ever wanna get out. I'm mostly geared up for LM, but can adapt to panfish.

-Dave

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements