Shearon Harris 3/17

Thread: Shearon Harris 3/17

Default Shearon Harris 3/17

Fished Harris from Noon to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. Went across from Holleman ramp to the cove left of the bouyes. Threw buzzbait, spinner bait, cranks, and plastics. Nothing. Moved to another cove and had same result. End of the day--no bites. Talked to two other boats who had some luck throwing the same baits in similar places. Guess my buddy and I are just bad fishermen. Water temp was 56-57 and pretty stained. Good to be out on the boat again.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've heard very mixed reviews about harris. Does it still have much vegetation? Is it any more pressure re ed than falls or jordan?

Its seems like somebody else always has the luck doesnt it?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

No luck for me on Harris yesterday. Had something come up for a frog twice, but not bite it. Just made a wake just behind it.

Nothing on a shakey head, squarebill, spinnerbait, or chatterbait. Spent most of my time shallower (fishfinder died).

We didn't find much vegetation, but its been skimpy for quite a while. Last year there were a lot of grumpy reports. Sure wasn't as good for us as it had been in years past.

I have not fished Harris in about 7 years, but I used to fish hard jerk baits around points and just slightly into coves and do pretty well this time of year. Others would be using crankbaits on the points. Little too early for back into the coves, they should be staging around structure close to shallow water. April thru mid-June for shallow fish, caught the majority of my fish during these months at Harris. Am sure there are other techniques that also work, but you got to fish where the fish are.
    2015 Pathfinder 2200 TE, Yamaha VF200 SHO; 2015 Beavertail Vengeance, Suzuki DF90;
    Jackson Coosa FD; Native Ultimate 14.5; CCA Member

Place is a disaster.....all the grass is long gone and so are the huge numbers of bass that used to live in it. You are not the only one that struggles on that lake. It used to be paradise. But our state is bound and determined to not let a single blade/leaf of grass grow in any of our waters and they have ruined some great fisheries in the process
    drjon, and Yakacat like this.

I was fortunate that I started kayak fishing before they killed off all the grass. Had several outstanding days with a frog there. One day they were so think more than once when I whiffed on one bass a second would hit it once the frog came back down from orbit.

Hoping to duck out of work early try again Thursday. Walked by a local pond and the shoreline was stacked with males on beds.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements