depth finder trouble LOWRANCE ELITE-7 TI2

Thread: depth finder trouble LOWRANCE ELITE-7 TI2

Default depth finder trouble LOWRANCE ELITE-7 TI2

Hello,

I recently installed a LOWRANCE ELITE-7 TI2 on my john boat. Took it out a couple of weeks back and it seems that its not reading the correct depth. For instance, if the water dept was like 29', the screen indicated that it was over 60'. Any ideas on how to remedy? I ensured the transducer was flat and in-line with the bottom of the boat. Not sure what else to do.
    thanks
    matthew

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Before you take anything apart, get into the menu and check to see if ‘auto depth’ is turned on. And that ‘bottom zoom’ is turned off. That unit has a lot of features so check through your menu. Barring that, be sure that the transducer cable plug—where it connects to the back of your unit, is clean, tight, and making good contact.
    Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

Default Elite Ti2

Quote Originally Posted by matthewmo View Post
    Hello,

I recently installed a LOWRANCE ELITE-7 TI2 on my john boat. Took it out a couple of weeks back and it seems that its not reading the correct depth. For instance, if the water dept was like 29', the screen indicated that it was over 60'. Any ideas on how to remedy? I ensured the transducer was flat and in-line with the bottom of the boat. Not sure what else to do.
    thanks
    matthew
    Also check your firmware version and then compare it to the latest update offered by Lowrance. It can be somewhat of a pain to upload a new version but it may make a significant difference.
    Chris52 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements