Will the state close the Wildlife ramps?

Thread: Will the state close the Wildlife ramps?

Default Will the state close the Wildlife ramps?

I'm down in here in Oak Island, and them/Southport closed their ramps. We still have the state ramp opened up close by, but getting a little worried they may follow the lead of CA and close all state park, parking/ramp lots.

So I'm thinking time to dock this thing for a few months....

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bad luck View Post
    I'm down in here in Oak Island, and them/Southport closed their ramps. We still have the state ramp opened up close by, but getting a little worried they may follow the lead of CA and close all state park, parking/ramp lots.

So I'm thinking time to dock this thing for a few months....
    SC closed all ramps as well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

NCWC just issued a warning...LEOs have observed that people are not practicing safe social distancing at boat ramps and other public access areas...we are warned that ramps will be closed if the public’s practices do not improve immediately.
    LIVIT likes this.

Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don’t buy that-that people aren’t distancing .....but it only takes a single photo to influence out govt now a days ......I’ve been at the ramps every other day for last 3 weeks and people are very good at distancing......I assume NC will shut down rec fishing/boat ramps .....I went and found myself a dock!

This would suck, pretty much everything’s closed so my only way to get out of the house has been the kayak. I usually launch at a State owned spot however

Let's hope the weather stays cool. Last weekend with it 80+ degrees everyone that owned a boat was at the lake. With cooler temps, that should help alleviate some issues with social distancing.

However, now that they've closed Jordan everyone will crowd into the remaining few boat ramps, so probably not good.
    For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? (Matthew 16:26)

Jordan is down to one ramp... the wildlife ramp at Farrington. It will surely be slam full this weekend which may add it to the list of closed facilities. I was supposed to take Thursday and Friday off this week for a 2 day club tournament at Santee which got cancelled. I worked today and gonna fish tomorrow at Jordan like theres no tomorrow... cuz there might not be and who knows when everything will reopen. If it comes down to every public ramp closing, I have already arranged access on Lake Gaston on my buddies private ramp.
    Take a Bass Boating!!!
    Life Jackets and Kill Switches save lives.

Was at Harris twice this week in the afternoons, hardly anyone there with the cooler weather and it not being the weekend. Never came within 20 yards of another human :P
    For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? (Matthew 16:26)

Anyone know about High Rock Lake?
    The great thing about excruciating pain......at least you know you are still alive.

12. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements