Offshore Near and offshore weather apps

Thread: Near and offshore weather apps

Default Near and offshore weather apps

Im looking for an app that will have near and offshore weather forecast for the Carolina coast. Including wind, wave heights and wave period.

I used to use a combination of ReefCast (before they started to charge for it), and noaa mid Atlantic forecasts/ and near shore for cast.

Are there any apps out there that give a read out forecast similar to noaas online forecasting or reefcast?

Thank you in advance !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

checkout http://windy.com...idk if they have an app. but you can always create a shortcut on your cell's home page
    salpal likes this.

Magicseaweed.com is a good one for swell, wind and tides. Windguru is a pretty accurate wind forecast
    Fish allure, and salpal like this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

For a daily section-by-section marine weather forecasts for the entire NC coast, go to www.towndock.net. Click on weather, and you will see forecasts for 10 or 11 different NC coastal areas. This website is an Oriental, NC based website, which caters to sailors and cruisers traveling up and down the Atlantic coast. Not a live app, but the weather info is regularly updated through the NWS.
    Jelliefish, and salpal like this.

Kayak Angler, Red X Angler, and a Full Time Angler (as of 2/1/18!!!)Retirement!

Quote Originally Posted by salpal View Post
    I’m looking for an app that will have near and offshore weather forecast for the Carolina coast. Including wind, wave heights and wave period.

I used to use a combination of ReefCast (before they started to charge for it), and noaa mid Atlantic forecasts/ and near shore for cast.

Are there any apps out there that give a read out forecast similar to noaas online forecasting or reefcast?

Thank you in advance !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like windfinder. Has an app, windy is good too, also has an app. Windfinder is the most accurate app I've found for wind prediction. I actually use several just for x-ref. Rodnreeltides.com, Nautide app, NOAA tides & currents. Good luck. Dean

Quote Originally Posted by zebralips View Post
    Magicseaweed.com is a good one for swell, wind and tides. Windguru is a pretty accurate wind forecast
    Windguru is pretty good. Do you recommend the free version or the paid?

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements