Stocked trout streams, did it happen ?

Thread: Stocked trout streams, did it happen ?

Default Stocked trout streams, did it happen ?

I live in WNC and have a stocked Trout stream behind my house. I fished it some yesterday and this am. Did not catch any Trout ! This is not normal at all. Just got back from checking a few easy access hot spots near me and no one was fishing. Did they actually even stock ? Has anyone else been out on the Swannanoa river and caught any Trout ?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Check the NCWRC Trout Stocking Updates. Stocking schedules have changed because of Covid-19

Quote Originally Posted by fishmanj View Post
    Check the NCWRC Trout Stocking Updates. Stocking schedules have changed because of Covid-19
    Yes, I seen now. To bad, people need to get out and get some sunshine and exercise. Very easy to socially distance while wading a stream or river. Normally only people who fish behind my house are guests or those who float or wade a good distance to get here.
    mindcrime likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I recently fished the Mitchell River in Surry County (which is Delayed Harvest) and it had obviously been stocked because I caught a ton. They were hitting olive green woolly buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmanj View Post
    Is there a way to see all areas that were stocked? All that I can find is the daily update, and I want to know if something was stocked in the last month, not just today.
    After all is said and done.... A heck of a lot more will be said than done
    Red X Angler
    "Sublime" - 2013 NuCanoe Frontier in lime green

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements