Philpott lake tips

Thread: Philpott lake tips

Default Philpott lake tips

I am planning on going to philpott lake this weekend. Anyone have tips for me while I’m there? Should I fish certain areas of the lake? Is there a boat lunch I should go to that is either free of easy to get to?

Thanks for any help you can bring my way

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I have only fished it once but that was in December. It is a deep clear lake deeper than belews but similar. There are smallmouth, spots, and largemouth in the lake. The lower end is much deeper and this is where the smallmouth are more common. Depending on water temps there will probably be some bass up shallow in either pre-spawn or some may be spawning. There are also walleye in the lake. I know the walleye come up really shallow when they spawn are are easy to target but I don't know when that would be.

When I went only a few of the ramps were open so call ahead and check if the one you want is open. They do have fees ($5 I think).

I don't know how helpful it would be but here is a link to the trip I made.
    https://www.ncangler.com/forums/thre...lpott-12-14-19
    Tight lines,
    Andrew

Thanks for the information. I called the marina and they are open and have free boat ramp available and parking for the time being.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements