Pond Best pond fishing in Cary area

Thread: Best pond fishing in Cary area

Default Best pond fishing in Cary area

I always prefer small pond fishing - quiet, more relaxing, and amazing how many big fish I catch. Seems people overlook the small ponds a lot in Cary. Especially neighborhood ones. I’ve had amazing luck at a pond in a neighborhood called Ashley Woods so for my first post thought I would share it. It’s over on highway 55 about 2 miles north of US 64 on a street called Caraway Lane. It’s on the left just before you get to High House road. I stumbled on it while painting a house there. Owner said anyone can fish there and it is well stocked. I usually make it over there twice a week and take a cooler, pop open a few, sit back and relax. Great find and hope y’all enjoy it. And thanks to all of you for the great posts and tips on places to fish!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanx for the info but I suspect you will now find many people fishing next time you go out.
    2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

I dunno. How many people read this forum? Of that number, what percentage live close enough to Cary to justify going there? And out of that number, what percentage are into fishing small ponds, as opposed to the major reservoirs, or creeks, or the ocean, etc?

I doubt 100 people are going to show up at a pond because it got mentioned here. But if I'm wrong, I'd love to hear about it, so I'll know whether or not I need to be "all super secret" about posting location information here. Then again, I do most of my fishing in places that are already pretty well known anyway, so usually not an issue for me.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I've fished many of the ponds in Cary but not that one. I've never had a problem fishing the subdivision ponds but the way I do it is no cooler or bucket and stay a max of 30 minutes. Also a fly rod is a magic wand that gains you access to places you technically shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by EvBlue View Post
    I've fished many of the ponds in Cary but not that one. I've never had a problem fishing the subdivision ponds but the way I do it is no cooler or bucket and stay a max of 30 minutes. Also a fly rod is a magic wand that gains you access to places you technically shouldn't be.
    My buddy rode by this pond says residents only. So many ponds today have these signs guess I should try the fly rod technique ��. Coolers and a bucket will clearly raise some eyes.
    2020 LMB Total :130; largest 6# 5oz! Total over 4:14; lifetime largest 9.25
    2020 Crappie Total:75 biggest:1.5#

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements