State Parks may be close to re-opening

Thread: State Parks may be close to re-opening

Default State Parks may be close to re-opening

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/co...242480816.html

The state’s current stay-at-home order ends Friday. Cooper could then extend it further, based on coronavirus numbers, or he could move into “Phase 1” of his reopening plan.
    According to the plan Cooper laid out in late April, that first phase would keep the same restrictions on bars, restaurants and mass gatherings, as well as on facilities like nursing homes. But it would reopen parks and allow some currently shuttered businesses to reopen, the News & Observer reported.
    More specifics on what exactly may happen in Phase 1 will come in the next day or two, Cooper said in Monday’s news conference, adding that the administration is getting advice from business leaders on the best way to ease restrictions.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

When they reopen go check out Few's Ford. Prepare to have your mind blown.

Wonder if Durham will open Little River and Michie.......................naw..........that would make too much sense.
    I follow my own Blog
    Man can build a lake, but only God can make a river

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

So if state parks are going to "open", are they opening camping too? I'm dying to go camping at a couple state parks before it gets insanely hot outside.

I dunno. But the parks re-opening would open up some fishing spots at least. For us here in the Triangle area, Umstead State Park has a few lakes, and Occoneeche Mountain State Natural Area and Eno River State Park provide access to the Eno River. And I think maybe Raven Rock State Park has access to the Cafe Fear River.

Latest update:

https://abc11.com/politics/nc-to-beg...3QmuEdmcmAfua8

Gov. Roy Cooper announced that North Carolina will enter Phase One of the state's three-part plan to "reignite" its economy, allowing most stores and parks to open but keep businesses like bars and salons closed.

In a news conference Tuesday, Cooper said his new Executive Order will officially enact Phase One as of 5 p.m. on Friday, May 8.

Stupid. You can still rub elbows with people in Wal_Mart but you can't set up camp and enjoy a nice fire 50 feet away from the next camper....
    mindcrime likes this.

P-nut

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements