Maple Cypress boat ramp Vanceboro

Thread: Maple Cypress boat ramp Vanceboro

Default Maple Cypress boat ramp Vanceboro

Looking for new places to explore in my boat. I see the maple cypress boat ramp in Vanceboro on the map. Can you tell me anything about fishing in that area? I would like to put my wife on some fish to hopefully entice a boat upgrade. Is this area more of a bank beating or open water fishing area? She is not much of an accurate caster, and I tend to give her cast and wind lures with trebles. Any input would be nice. We have been using the port terminal ramp and exploring the river with little to no success looking for bass.

I see there is also a ramp further down called cow pen. I would assume the fishing styles and lures would be similar in these areas

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Down river from Maple Cypress is a sharp crook in the river. That is the place to fish. Caution, however. The river at Maple Cypress is often fairly swift, probably especially so after all the rain we've had this year. Makes loading the boat more of a challenge.
    Feetup1, and Hitman1961 like this.

AKA: Soilman

How shallow/hazardous is the area? Can a 19 foot bass boat run from Maple Cypress all the way down to cow pen and beyond?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yep. No problem with that at all. Plenty deep enough. Just watch out for occasional floating logs and debris.
    Hitman1961 likes this.

AKA: Soilman

Cowpen or even Spring Garden ramps might prove better for loading ,.......... lots of good spots from spring garden up river and not all that far from there to cowpen and beyond,.... We fish most of the creeks throughout that area mostly for the bream , shellcracker, and crappie. Lots of good structure and laydowns around there. Ya'll stay safe
    Dana B.

8. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements