8APR2020 Pee Dee

Thread: 8APR2020 Pee Dee

Default 8APR2020 Pee Dee

Fished below Blewett Falls Dam today, for the first time. I threw an eclectic variety of bait (bass minnows, goldfish, and even eel). Slow day, as I only caught a single blue weighing 3-4 pounds. Pretty area though, very rocky under the surface. Made me tense up a bit and had to check the outboard prop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	684F34C2-56CB-422E-8163-C8712D670052_1588972483065.jpg‎
Views:	64
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	197589

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Should have thrown a shad dart.
    I follow my own Blog
    Man can build a lake, but only God can make a river

Tense is the right word under any water conditions. I was there in February in my yak. To fish, but mostly to see the area my family settled in colonial times. It was low then and those boulders were exposed and some still had the bog iron rings from the ferry crossing my ancestors ran in the mid-1700s. Water was just ripping and very shallow so I didn't dare get a pic on the water. There was one other guy in a yak who had beached his boat on the rocks close to the dam and he was pulling one redhorse after another on the fly rod.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by EvBlue View Post
    Tense is the right word under any water conditions. I was there in February in my yak. To fish, but mostly to see the area my family settled in colonial times. It was low then and those boulders were exposed and some still had the bog iron rings from the ferry crossing my ancestors ran in the mid-1700s. Water was just ripping and very shallow so I didn't dare get a pic on the water. There was one other guy in a yak who had beached his boat on the rocks close to the dam and he was pulling one redhorse after another on the fly rod.
    A kayak would be ideal right below the dam for sure. I put in my 16’ jon boat off 74 and went up river. I have a Bote fishing SUP that would be a good fit if portaging from you at the dam. Lots of rocks and structure. I’m sure some big fish can be had in those waters. Today just wasn’t that day.

7. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements